Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 50 Minutes
Sliced eggplant - 2
Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
Butter - 1 cube
Garlic - 5-6 cloves
Chopped Onion - 2
Tomato - 6-8 small
Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp
Basil - 6-7 Leaves
Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 Cup
1) Slice the eggplants into 1cm thick disks and sprinkle salt; leave for 20 minutes so that the water comes out.
2) Grill the eggplants till they are nicely charred and keep them aside.
3) Start the sauce by heating olive oil in a saute pan along with the butter and chuck in the garlic.
4) Add in the chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add in the tomatoes (finely chopped) along with the tomato puree.
6) Season the sauce with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and basil leaves.
7) Once cooked, blend into a fine paste/sauce.
8) In a baking tray spread a layer of sauce and lay the eggplants on top of the sauce.
9) Top the eggplants with another layer of sauce and coat it with mozzarella cheese.
10) Bake till the cheese is melted.