Cardamom And Orange Upside Down Cake
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Eggs - 2
Caster sugar - 1 cup
Refined flour - 1 cup
Refined oil - 3 tbsp
Cardamom pods - 1 tsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
Orange - 1
Maple syrup - For garnish
Milk - 1/2 cup
1) In a bowl, separate an egg white and yolks.
2) Whip up the white till soft peaks and keep aside.
3) Cream the yolks with half of the sugar and keep the remaining half sugar aside.
4) Add in the milk and whisk thoroughly.
5) Sift in the flour and combine it into a thick batter.
6) Add in the cardamom pods and fold in the egg whites.
7) In a Meyer Prism non-stick pan, melt sugar and add 30 ml water and honey to it.
8) Once the sugar syrup turns amber and thick, take it off the heat.
9) In a non-stick cake pan, make a base of orange slices and pour the caramel on top.
10) Pour the cake batter on top and bake it for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
11) Once the cake is baked, flip it on a serving tray and drizzle the maple syrup on top before serving.
A super chocolatey sugar-free indulgent recipe that is an absolute winner if you’re trying to impress someone on the first date, considering how easy it is.Read more
Bored with the usual Indian dessert and think that they lack depth because of their unidimensional sweet taste?! Then this is the recipe for you. The besan laddoo gets a fruity, tangy twist with a vibrant colour from the pomegranate. The sweet and tangy taste feels really good on the palate.Read more