Sugar Free Ginger And Date Cake
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Dates - 1/2 cup
Maple syrup - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 3
Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Refined flour - 2 cups
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Ginger juice - 20 ml
Honey - for garnish
1) Finely chop the dates and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, mix the eggs and the maple syrup by whisking them.
3) Melt the butter and add that to the mixing bowl and whisk it in.
4) Add milk followed by the refined flour mixed with the baking powder and fold it all together.
5) Blend freshly peeled ginger with some water and strain the juice, add this juice to the batter.
6) Once the batter is properly whisked, add in the chopped dates and swirl them around.
7) Pour the batter in a Meyer loaf tin and bake it at 180 degrees for 25 mins.
8) Once baked, glaze it with honey and serve it warm.
A Chinese version of the ever famous parantha. Make this recipe if you want to give the age-old breakfast food a quirky twist.Read more