If you are looking for the best stainless steel cookware in India, you can select Select without any doubt. This is a nickel free stainless steel cookware range that offers you the widest options of pots and pans. The premium pots and pans by Select makes cooking a joy!
What is stainless steel made of?
Stainless steel is an alloy that consists of chromium, nickel, and iron. The amount of chromium present in the steel affects its properties such as resistance to rusting and its durability. The ratio of nickel and chromium also determines the grade or quality of stainless steel.
Why should you go for Nickel Free Steel?
Another thing to consider with stainless steel is that it might allow certain metals to leach into your food. If you're cooking acidic foods over an extended period, there's a greater chance of this happening. Some alloys of stainless steel contain iron, chromium, and nickel. The latter does not confer any nutritional benefits to the body, but it has been linked to some allergies including contact dermatitis in susceptible people.
Nickel Free Stainless-steel cookware is a great alternative for those who are nickel sensitive. This is because their option contains 0% of nickel which means none at all. Nickel is included in the stainless-steel alloy primarily for rust resistance purposes. It also helps make the stainless steel harder and gives it a polished look and feel. Meyer Nickel Free has better corrosion resistance to a regular 304.
Why mirror polish?
A mirror finish on stainless steel is a commercial finish that creates a shiny, reflective surface. It's commonly found in aesthetic pieces, like public architecture and furniture. Now the same lustre can also be seen on the exterior of a cookware. Not only are mirror finishes visually appealing, but the removal of scratches also reduces bacteria and dirt build-up. The item is highly resistant to corrosion because of the polishing process, which gets rid of deep scratches that can hold onto corrosive particles. In places where moisture is difficult to control, like kitchens, mirror finishes are especially useful.
Why Stainless Steel is a top choice for Indian consumers?
Stainless steel is recyclable:
Did you know that stainless steel vessels are 100% recyclable? If you’re not happy with a certain model, just take it back to a local market and sell it for some money. Indians love that! Also, if porcelain dishes fall, they will break but steel dishes will not.
Strongest and most versatile metal:
Stainless steel has become a staple in most kitchens because it is one of the strongest and most versatile metals. Stainless steel pots, pans, mixing bowls, and utensils are all common kitchen tools because they do not rust or corrode easily. It's an iron alloy that is very strong and durable. It doesn't usually lose its shape or crack easily (though it may get scratched), and it stays shiny over years of use.
Easy to clean and has a long lifespan:
Stainless steel appliances are easy to wipe down and sanitise. You can use a cleaner on the surface to keep it looking smooth, sleek, clean and shiny. Stainless steel doesn't fade easily or become discoloured over time unless harshly used or done on purpose. Plus, it doesn't rust or stain easily - so it'll last you a while.
Stainless steel utensils do not change the flavour of foods:
One of the most hygienic materials available is stainless steel. This means that any foods that come into contact with this surface will not attract dirt or germs. Stainless steel also does not react with any food, making it a great choice for meal preparation and cooking.
Select: the best stainless steel cookware range in India
Meyer Select, which is made from high-quality stainless steel, is a versatile and tough range that comes with an impact bonded base to ensure consistent and even heat distribution. Stainless steel is not only durable but also good-looking, making it perfect for daily use.
Meyer Select pots and pans are the must-have kitchen items.
Meyer Select features Impact Bonded Base:
This premium stainless steel cookware range is fully encapsulated with an aluminium core and a stainless-steel protector. This ensures consistent and even heat distribution, eliminates hot spots, and prevents warping or detachment from the base after prolonged heating.
Meyer Select: Widest options of cookware
Stainless Steel Fry Pan & Skillet: - Find the high-quality fry pans and skillets for your everyday cooking. The convenient design and premium features of these must-have cookware make cooking hassle-free. Cook delicious Indian meals or experiment with global cuisine, everything is possible and easy with these bestseller cookware.
Sauté Pan 24CM and Sauteuse 20CM,24CM and 28CM: -
This top selling stainless steel saute pan is extremely versatile and perfect for one-pan meals that require all ingredients to be cooked together.
- Design-A mid-length depth with usually straight sides. Sauté Pan single handle is easy to pour and transfer. Sauteuse is with two small side handles for better control and easy to store.
- Ideal Usage- Sautéing meats or vegetables, frying chicken, making pancakes or eggs, semi liquid dishes like rice and dal, dry roasting spices and nuts--these are all things you can do with this one amazing pan.
Oval Casserole: -28CM
This product is perfect for those who want to cook soups, stews, or stocks slowly and gently. It makes the process much easier and gives you perfectly cooked food every time.
- Design- This is a large pot that can hold a lot of liquid. It is tall, wide and great for cooking and serving.
- Ideal for: large quantities of soups, lentils, stocks, or curries that have a liquid consistency.
Woks/Kadai: - 22CM, 24CM, 26CM, 30CM
The wok/kadai is a great pan to use when cooking large quantities because of its large capacity. Indian gravies would not be possible without it.
- Design- The sloping sides with flared rims of this plate make it easy to push food up and onto utensils.
- Ideal for: You can deep fry, make one-dish meals, or prepare curries.
Milk pan: - 14CM
This is a small capacity pan, also known as a butter melting pan. It's essential for everyday household needs and tasks.
- Design- This container is small and round, with straight sides. The lips make it easy to pour out the contents.
- Ideal for: tea, coffee, boiling water in a small quantity, melting chocolates/candy, butter, instant noodles. Melting butter and reducing liquids by evaporation are both doable with this product.
Saucepan: - 16CM and 18CM
It is a very versatile cookware choice, can be used for making all kinds of
sauces and soups. With a Colander lid it gives you an edge to drain out water after boiling without having to change the utensil.
- Design- Round and flat bottomed, various sizes and tall, straight sides. Colander lids and has a single long handle.
- Ideal for-Other than just being incredibly delicious, sauces can come in handy for several things - from reheating leftovers to boiling pasta and rice. They're also great for soups and dal!
FAQ on Meyer Select:
Can you use Meyer Select on all cooktops?
This stainless steel cookware range works on practically every cooktop with that superior impact bonding technology. While gas and electric cooking are still the dominant methods in most households, induction cooking is becoming increasingly popular. It is also oven safe up to 180 Celsius which makes it tick all the boxes.
What is the warranty?
Meyer guarantees that its products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 10 years from the date of purchase, making it a pioneer in the industry.
How to season stainless steel cookware?
While stainless steel is durable and easy to clean, one downside is that it requires more oil to prevent food from sticking. However, lower cooking temperatures can help minimize this problem. Another solution is to season the pan with oil, which will create a natural non-stick coating for frying pans or saucepans.
To season a stainless-steel pan:
- Set your stove to a moderate heat and add just enough oil to coat the pan.
- Let the oil get hot enough that it starts smoking, then turn off the burner and let the pan cool.
- Once the pan has cooled, remove the oil and wipe the pan clean.
- The surface of the pan should be reflective and non-stick. As long as you don't clean it with soap, the Non-Stick will persist. This is because when heat hits the metal, it expands slightly. Once the oil heats up and coats the pan, it will start to cool and solidify as the metal contracts. If you're looking for a good pan to cook eggs, crepes, or tofu scrambles, then get yourself a stainless-steel pan that's been seasoned well.