When it comes to a must-have cookware, every cook understands the significance of a stainless steel saucepan. A high quality saucepan will take you through all your meals with ease. This nickel-free stainless steel pan is perfect for brewing tea, boiling egg, reheating and so much more.
What is a saucepan?
A saucepan is a cooking tool that serves as a deep pot for heating liquids on a burner. This kind of pan is shallower than a stockpot but deeper than a regular sauté pan or frying pan. Like a pot, a saucepan has a flat bottom, steep sides with straight edges, and a long handle. To keep heat within, they typically include a glass or stainless steel cover. A saucier, which is also a tiny pot with a handle for control and rounded edges and sides to make whisking easier, is comparable to a saucepan.
What makes a saucepan special?
The high, straight edges of a saucepan prevent any liquid from leaking while the diameter evens out the distribution of heat inside the pan.
A saucepan's high sides are perfect for heating liquids, sauces, or cooking meals that need liquid because they help retain moisture and reduce excessive evaporation.
What are the uses of a saucepan?
Here are a few typical applications for saucepans.
1. Saucepans are primarily used for the purpose for which they were named—sauce. Additionally, you can make soups, stews, gravies, and dishes like custard or mashed potatoes. A saucepan's relative shallowness makes it ideal for thickening sauces or foods like risotto.
2. Using a saucepan, you can quickly raise liquids to a high heat and bring them to a boil as it can quickly boil water for foods like pasta, rice, or quinoa. The majority of foods that are liquid or contain a liquid can be cooked successfully in a saucepan.
3. Vegetable blanching: To bring out the rich flavours and colours of vegetables, swiftly boil them in water that has been liberally salted. To fit your vegetables in boiling water before blanching them in an ice bath, use a medium or large saucepan.
4. Similar to simmering and boiling, poaching is a moist-heat cooking technique that entails immersing food in liquid, usually without the use of fat.
What makes Meyer Select Stainless Steel Straining Saucepan 18cm special?
· This is a compact-sized stainless steel saucepan for a small family or small portion cooking.
· Premium Stainless Steel that is 100% Nickel Free. It has a 5 mm thick aluminium sandwich base for faster heating
· This stainless steel saucepan has superior resistance to pitting in comparison to regular stainless steel
· Tempered glass that is shatter-proof seals out heat and moisture and lets you keep an eye on your meal.
· 'Stay cool' handle with rivets and a comfortable silicone grip.
· Emery finish inside and Mirror Polished finish exterior for shiny appearance.
· Suitable for all cooktops, including induction.
· Safe for metal utensils; dishwasher and oven safe.
This is your must-have stainless steel cookware; get it today for everyday hassle-free cooking!