A dosa pan non stick is a specially designed cooking utensil that is mostly used to prepare dosa, which is a staple South Indian dish. It is a flat, shallow pan with a smooth cooking surface and a non-stick coating applied to prevent dosa batter from sticking during cooking.
Benefits Of Dosa Pan Non Stick:
Non-Stick Coating: The pan's cooking surface is coated with a layer of non-stick material, typically made of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or ceramic. This coating blocks dosa batter from adhering to the pan, rendering dosas simpler to flip and extract without tearing or adhering.
Seamless Cooking Surface: A dosa pan nonstick has a smooth, flat cooking surface that makes it easy for the dosas to spread out evenly and cook at the same rate.
Even Heat Distribution: Non-stick dosa pans are designed to provide even heat distribution, ensuring that the dosas cook consistently without any hotspots.
Reduced Oil/Ghee Usage: The non-stick coating allows you to cook dosas with minimal oil or ghee. The non-stick surface helps in releasing the dosas easily without excessive greasing.
Easy Cleaning: Most of the time, non-stick pans are easy to clean. With a soft sponge or cloth, you can easily wipe away any leftover food, and the non-stick coating prevents staining.
What Should You Consider When Buying Dosa Pan Non Stick?
Here are some key features of a dosa pan non stick:
Premium Non-Stick Coating: Look for a dosa pan non stick with reputable non-stick coatings that are free from harmful chemicals like PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid) and provide easy release and cleanup.
Even Heat Distribution: The tawa should distribute heat evenly across the cooking surface to ensure uniform cooking of the dosas. This helps in achieving a consistent golden-brown color and texture.
Proper Thickness: The tawa should have an appropriate thickness that allows for effective heat retention and prevents hotspots. A thicker tawa can provide better heat distribution and durability.
Sturdy Construction: Look for a tawa made from high-quality materials that ensure durability and longevity. The tawa should be sturdy enough to withstand regular use and resist warping or bending.
Comfortable Handle: A non-stick dosa tawa should have a comfortable handle that provides a secure grip while flipping or handling the tawa. Ensure that the handle is heat-resistant and securely attached to the tawa.
Size and Shape: Consider the size of the tawa based on your cooking needs. A suitable size would allow you to make dosas of your preferred diameter and accommodate the quantity you intend to cook. Additionally, a tawa with a slightly sloping or curved edge can aid in easy flipping and removal of the dosas.
Maintenance and Care Instructions: The tawa should come with proper care instructions from the manufacturer. Follow these instructions to ensure the longevity of the non-stick coating and maintain its performance.
How To Prepare In Dosa In Dosa Pan Non Stick?
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to cook dosas in a dosa pan non stick:
- Preparing the Batter: Make the dosa batter the way your recipe says to. Usually, you soak and grind rice and beans, let the batter ferment, and then add salt to taste. Make sure the batter is smooth and can be poured.
- Preheating the Non-Stick Pan: Place the non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Allow it to preheat for a couple of minutes. You can sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan's surface to check if it sizzles and evaporates, indicating that the pan is adequately heated.
- Greasing the Pan (Optional): While non-stick pans require minimal greasing, you can lightly grease the pan's surface with a few drops of oil or ghee if desired. Use a kitchen brush or a folded paper towel to spread the oil evenly across the pan.
- Pouring the Batter: Lower the heat to low or low to medium after preheating the pan. Pour a spoonful of dosa batter into the pan's centre. Using the base of the spoon or a circular motion, distribute the batter outwards from the centre to create a thin uniform layer.
- Cooking the Dosa: Leave the dosa to cook over a medium to low flame until the margins become golden brown and crisp. A few droplets of oil or ghee can be drizzled around the perimeter of the dosa to improve its flavour and texture. Allow the surface to cook until it is thoroughly cooked and slightly browned.
- Flipping the Dosa: After one side of the dosa has been cooked, use an elongated spatula to break up the edges and gingerly flip it over. Cook the opposite side for a brief time, typically around one minute, until it reaches the desired doneness. You can alter the preparation time depending on whether you prefer a tender or crispy dosa.
- Serve the Dosa by removing it from the pan and placing it on a plate.
Best Dosa Pan Non Stick In India:
Meyer has a range of dosa pan non stick with high-quality non-stick coatings that provide easy release and uniform cooking. You can buy a dosa pan non stick by Meyer and enjoy seamless cooking for a long time as the Meyer non-stick dosa pans are designed to withstand regular use and provide hassle-free cooking.
Meyer Premium Non-Stick (4mm Thick)28cm Flat Dosa Tawa, Orange
- 100% PFOA-, 100% lead-, and 100% cadmium-free non-stick coating.
- Heavy gauge aluminium construction with Eclipse interior coating system from Whitford (USA)
- 4mm thick, long-lasting aluminium to facilitate a superior cooking experience
- Glossy porcelain enamel exterior that allows for simple cleanup and is resistant to scratches
- Stay-cool phenolic handles with rivets for easy handling
- Coated rivets for better hygiene
- Shallow Depth with coated rim for superior finish
Circulon Non-Stick + Hard Anodized Aluminium Flat Dosa Tawa, 24 Cm
- Completely TOXIN-FREE item
- Coating approved by the US Food and Drug Administration and the European Food Safety Standards Authority (manufactured by Chemours, USA).
- GUARANTEED No PFOA | No Cadmium | No Nickel | No Arsenic | No Lead
- Food does not stick to the cookware surface
- The best-coated cookware in the world with a lifetime warranty
- Hi-Low food release system - food will glide incredibly easily.
- Superior abrasion resistance compared to conventional cookware
- Hard-anodized aluminium construction in Australia
- 16 times quicker at even heating than stainless steel
- Handles and rivets made of stainless steel for maximum strength and durability
- Compatible with all cooking surfaces