Everything in life has a substitute, but there’s no replacement to hot, crispy pakoras. They are delightful. They are food to our soul. They are our guilty pleasure. And we certainly don’t want their substitute, we just want a great cookware that would help us enjoy deep fried food deeply. So, we have accumulated a list of high-quality kadais that are great for deep frying.
- What is Deep Frying?
- Advantages of Deep Frying
- Difference between Frying and Deep Frying:
- Why is Kadai suitable for Deep Frying?
- Why is Stainless Steel Cookware better for deep frying?
- Best stainless steel kadai for deep frying in India:
1. What is Deep Frying?
Deep frying is a process where food is fully submerged in a very hot oil, usually in a kadai. During deep frying any food is fully immersed in 170-180°C oil for several minutes, which kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
Lets understand Dee fry with one of our delicious recipes.
2. Advantages of Deep Frying
Who can say no to crispy pakoras or French fries. Health concerns or not, they are a staple and a stable favourite of many, unaffected by any diet fads. The remains, deep fried foods have many advantages:
- Quick and easy way of cooking
- Deep frying food removes every food hygiene concern
- Convenient as little preparation is required
- Minimal loss of food quality because hot oil seals the food surface
- Accentuate the colour, flavour and texture of the food
3. Difference between Frying and Deep Frying:
Both are popular methods of cooking that enhance the flavour of the food. However, there is a certain difference between the two cooking methods. Frying uses a minimal amount of oil to lightly coat the cooking surface area, whereas deep frying entails cooking food in significantly more oil with food being completely immersed in it. Deep frying gives food a crunchy texture and a moist interior, while frying gives a browning effect on the exterior of the food.
4. Why is Kadai suitable for Deep Frying?
Different kitchen utensils have different purposes- tawas are for making roti, casseroles for one-pot meals, saute pan for sautéing and similarly kadai for deep frying, among other things. Kadai is a round, deep pot with a tighter diameter and steeper, taller sides that are great for deep frying. Kadai has a thick and heavy bottom and is generally made from cast iron, stainless steel and aluminium. The structure of the cookware is such that it gives enough space for oil to heat and food to properly submerge in the oil.
5. Why is Stainless Steel cookware better for deep frying?
Stainless steel is a good choice for deep frying primarily for two reasons: thermal conductivity and heat capacity. Stainless steel cookware, especially with aluminium core, accumulates plenty of heat and also heats up the cooking oil steadily.
6. Best stainless steel Kadai for Deep Frying in India:
1. Meyer Select Stainless Steel Kadai 30cm (Induction & Gas Compatible)
2. Meyer Trivantage Stainless Steel Triply Cookware Kadai/Wok With Lid
3. Centennial Nickel Free Stainless Steel Kadai
Explore Meyer Kadai range here