Burnt Garlic Sesame Fried Rice
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Butter - 1 cube
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 6 cloves
Egg - 1
Onion - 1
Broccoli - 1/2
Bellpeppers - 1 each
Carrot - 1
Light soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Rice - 1 bowl (cooked)
1) In a Circulon saute pan, add a cube of butter and drizzle the sesame oil on top.
2) Finely chop the garlic and add it to the pan.
3) Keep the pan on a low heat and let the garlic brown properly without getting blackened.
4) Crack open one egg in the pan and scramble it using a spatula.
5) Add the finely sliced onion and let it sweat.
6) Finely chop all other vegetables and add them next.
7) Cover and cook the vegetables for a few minutes till soft.
8) Add in the light soy sauce,salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
9) Chuck in the rice and toss it all together till combined and evenly covered with the sauce.
10) Serve steaming hot.
A traditional Japanese sweet breakfast treat as opposed to the pancakes and Danish pastries on the western side of the globe. It is a soft sweet bun which is steamed and has a sweet bean paste filling.Read more