1) In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together till smooth.
2) Add in an egg and whisk it in.
3) Next, add in the dry ingredients, refined flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder and combine them all into a dough-like consistency.
4) Chop up the dark chocolate into chunks and fold in the chunks into the cookie dough.
5) Chill the dough for at least 20 mins before baking. You can also store it in the freezer for a month.
6) Make small balls and lay them on a Meyer mini-oven roaster (baking tray).
7) Bake at 180 degrees for 15-18 mins.
8) Serve warm with a glass of milk.