Cottage Cheese Cake
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Refined flour - 1 cup
Caster sugar - 3/4 cup
Unsalted butter - 150 gms
Paneer - 1 block
eggs - 2
Mixed fruit jam - 2 tbsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Mixed fruit juice - 60ml
1) To start the recipe we will first make the crumble, for doing so, take a blender and to it add the refined flour, 1/2 cup caster sugar and unsalted butter and blend it into a coarse powder and keep it for later. The crumble is ready.
2) In a springform cake pan, add half the crumble and pat it down to pack it tightly to make a base. Keep the base in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden it up.
3) For the filling, bring out the blender and put in a block of paneer, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup caster sugar, mixed fruit jam, baking soda and the juice. Blend it all into a lump-free batter.
4) Pour the batter over the chilled crumble base, and even out the top. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top covering it completely and then bake it at 170 degrees for 40 minutes.
5) Chill it once its baked, slice and serve.
Freshly baked pastries are a winter classic and the best out of the lot are danish pastries with a crispy flaky crust and a fruit and custard filling, this particular one is made of strawberry jam and tender coconut flesh. Taking Sunday brunches to another level with this recipe.Read more