Pepperonata Stuffed Zucchini
1) Cut the zucchini into cylinders of 4-5 cm height.
2) Using a spoon, remove all the seeds and make a cup out of the zucchini cylinder. Sprinkle with salt and leave, so that all the water comes out.
3) Start the sauce by heating olive oil in a saute pan along with the butter and chuck in the garlic.
4) Add in the chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add in the tomatoes (finely chopped) along with the tomato puree.
6) Season the sauce with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and basil leaves.
7) Once cooked, blend into a fine paste/sauce.
8) Finely chop the bell peppers and toss them in the blended sauce to make a stuffing.
9) Stuff the bell pepper stuffing inside the zucchini cups and top with mozzarella cheese.
10) Bake till the cheese is melted.
Chase the flavors
Prep time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 50 Minutes
Zucchini - 1
Bell Pepper - 1 each
Butter - 1 cube
Garlic - 5-6 cloves
Chopped Onion - 2
Tomato - 6-8 small
Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp
Basil - 6-7 Leaves
Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 Cup
Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
Leave a comment