1) For the sauce, heat a pan and add in a few drops of oil.
2) Chuck in the chopped garlic and saute till golden.
3) Add in the black bean sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper and honey along with some water and dissolve it all.
4) Dissolve the cornflour in a few drops of water and add it to the sauce and cook it till it thickens up nicely.
5) Take the tempura flour and mix it with chilled water to make a semi-thick batter (flowy consistency).
6) If you don’t have tempura flour, combine rice flour and corn flour in 50-50 proportion.
7) Dip all the vegetables in the batter and deep fry them in a kadai.
8) Half fry all the vegetables first and fry them off completely just before serving so that they are crispy and not soggy.
9) Serve piping hot with the black bean sauce.