Giloy is a popular Ayurvedic herb that is used to cure more than a thousand conditions, such as arthritis, persistent fever, the flu, and a variety of colds and flus. Giloy, which is derived from the Sanskrit word "Amrita," is translated to English as "the root of immortality." The botanical name of this herb is Tinospora cordifolia, and another name for it in English is Heart Leaved Moonseed. The antioxidant qualities of the Giloy stem are well known for scavenging free radicals and healing cell damage.
Giloy’s scientific name:
The scientific name for the Giloy is Tinospora cordifolia. It is an indigenous herbaceous vine from the Menispermaceae family that has been used for many years in traditional medicine to cure a wide range of illnesses. Alkaloids, steroids, diterpenoid lactones, aliphatics, and glycosides have all been isolated from various sections of the plant, including the roots, stems, and complete plants.
Numerous research backs up the claim that Ayurvedic medicine delivers the world's and India's most potent natural healing techniques.
Giloy’s medicinal properties
One of the most effective treatments for a variety of fevers and illnesses is giloy. Anti-diabetic, anti-periodic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, antioxidant, anti-allergic, anti-stress, leprotic-preventive, anti-malarial, hepatoprotective, immunomodulatory, and antineoplastic characteristics are only a few of its numerous potential medical uses.
Health benefits of Giloy leaves:
- Giloy Aids in Chronic Fever
Giloy is well known for working against persistent, recurring fevers. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and antipyretic plant that helps to raise your resistance to infection and can hasten the healing process. Giloy's antipyretic properties make it appropriate for treating the life-threatening symptoms of dengue, swine flu, and malaria.
- Giloy Regulates Blood Sugar
In Ayurvedic medicine, giloy is referred to as "Madhunashini," which signifies a destroyer of sugar. It helps cure diabetes problems such kidney disease and ulcers by increasing the production of insulin, which lowers blood sugar levels.
- Giloy Supports Gut Health
Digestive problems like diarrhoea, colitis, nausea, hyperacidity, etc. are gently alleviated by giloy.
- Giloy Lowers Anxiety and Stress
Giloy relaxes your body, improves memory and cognitive function, and can help with mental stress and anxiety.
- Giloy Aids in Gout and Arthritis
Giloy's anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory qualities aid in the relief of arthritis and gout. Inhibiting the production of proinflammatory cytokines—proteins that control the development and function of other immune cells and blood cells—helps to lessen arthritis-related joint pain and inflammation.
6. Giloy Promotes Better Respiratory Health
One of the main contributors to asthmatic breathing issues is tracheal inflammation. Giloy's anti-inflammatory characteristics help to calm the mucous membrane in the respiratory system, making it very useful for treating bronchitis and chronic cough as well as respiratory conditions like asthma, cough, and tonsillitis.
- Giloy Enhances Vision and Eye Health
Antioxidants present in Giloy, like lutein, are known to lower the risk of cataract development and support clear eyesight.
- Giloy Skin Benefits Giloy stems are very beneficial for controlling skin allergies and improving the condition of the skin. Antioxidants found in giloy help the body combat free radicals. Additionally, it has anti-aging benefits for women with sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
There is nothing like Giloy or Guduchi to cleanse harmful poisons from your body and detoxify it. In addition to enhancing immunity, it enhances the health of skin cells and occasionally regenerates skin cells.
- Giloy Juice To Lose Weight
Like honey, giloy juice promotes weight loss by accelerating your body's metabolic rate. This aids in weight control and the burning of body fat.
The advantages of giloy ras also control the female gastrointestinal system, ensuring that your stomach is cleansed. Why does this happen? You can maintain a constant body weight thanks to it.
Other causes of unexpected weight gain include high blood pressure and severe stress. It's a good thing Giloy combats stress and hypertension.
- Giloy for lush hair:
Giloy also enhances the condition of hair. Antioxidants included in Giloy strengthen the immune system and combat stress, which is one of the main reasons for hair loss in women.
How to use Giloy for weight loss?
- Get hold of 0.5 grams of Giloy Juice.
- Put some honey in it using a spoon.
- Every morning, combine the two well, and drink on an empty stomach.
How to use Giloy for hair?
- One glass of water should be combined with three to six grams of Giloy powder.
- Mix until a runny paste forms.
- Apply the paste to the scalp and hair tips of each section of your hair.
- After around 30 minutes, remove it and rinse your hair with your preferred shampoo.
How to use Giloy for radiant skin?
- Boil water with 6 to 7 Giloy leaves.
- Once they have adequately boiled, let them cool.
- Apply the Giloy water evenly to your face after straining it. For about 15 to 20 minutes, leave it on.
- Once you've waited long enough, wash your face with warm water.