Kudam Puli is also called Tamarind or Tamarindus indica. Traditionally, this plant has been used in cooking. This tropical fruit is from Southeast Asia, and most of it is grown in Kerala and Karnataka in India. What makes it so effective is that this extract can make you feel less hungry and stop your body from making fat cells, which regulates and controls your weight.
Table of Contents
What is kudampuli?
Kudampuli, also called Malabar Tamarind, is a magical fruit that looks like a small pumpkin and ranges in colour from green to pale yellow. The scientific name of kudampuli is Garcinia Cambogia. This fruit has many important health and medical uses. Southeast Asia, India, and Africa are the main places where it is grown.
Different parts of the fruit and its extracts can be used to make different flavours, and it has also been used for a long time to treat a wide range of illnesses.
Most of the time, the fruits are dried and used in cooking. When they are dried, they look almost black. Kudampuli has a unique sharp sour taste.
How is kudampuli dried?
The thick outer skin is dried in the sun until it loses most of its moisture. It is then smoked until it turns black and is spread out on coconut husk. Then the fruits are rubbed with salt and oil and put into earthen pots. Like our regular tamarind, kudumpuli lasts longer at room temperature, but since it is smoked, you should always wash it well before using to get rid of any dirt.
Health benefits of kudampuli:
- Anti-inflammatory: Kudampuli has great anti-inflammatory properties and is especially helpful for people with inflammatory bowel diseases. They will feel much better if they take kudampuli, which can reduce inflammation and protect the stomach.
- Kudampuli for Gastric Ulcer: Kudampuli was used to treat gastric ulcers in the past. If you have stomach ulcers, you should stop using regular tamarind and start using kudampuli instead. It helps heal ulcers in a great way.
- Antibacterial and worm-killing properties: Kudampuli is good at killing bacteria and worms. If you have worms in your gut, try drinking a cup of the juice. It will help you a lot.
- Anti-diabetic properties: Taking a lot of Malabar Tamarind lowers blood sugar levels, so it's good for diabetics. But keep in mind that this is true of both fresh and dried fruit.
- Kudampuli for Weight Loss: It helps people lose weight by stopping an enzyme called citric acid lyase from working.
Pure kudampuli extract is sold by many companies to help people lose weight. It is usually best to take it before meals to reduce hunger. Before taking malabar tamarind extract as a weight loss supplement, I would ask that you do a lot of research.
- Lowers cholesterol: Another big way that kudampuli can help people lose weight is by balancing out the cholesterol in their bodies. This herb has HCA and other compounds that can lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise HDL (good) cholesterol.
This will lower your blood pressure and give you more energy to do your daily tasks. It will also lower your risk of atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
Ways to use kudmapuli:
- You can soak it in cold or warm water for a few minutes and then add the water to your dish. It will make your dish taste a little bit sour.
- Spices that have been soaked can also be used in fish curries. It makes your favourite curry taste even more sour.
- If you want a strong flavour in your dish, you can add dried kudampuli right to it.
Leave a comment