Ayurveda is a form of alternative medicine that has been around for more than 5,000 years. It uses natural herbs and spices that, when used in the right amounts, can fix almost any health problem. Vidarikhand is an amazing herb that has a lot of immune-boosting and healing properties and is used by ayurvedic doctors because it has a lot of health benefits for people.
Vidarikhand has been talked about in many ancient ayurvedic texts as the best cure for a wide range of health problems because it has so many health benefits. This amazing herb is used to boost the immune system and make you feel younger. As a strong aphrodisiac, it boosts libido, helps with different types of infertility, and improves both men's and women's reproductive health. It also helps the heart work better, controls diabetes, treats urinary and kidney problems, aids digestion, and boosts the body's overall strength and immunity.
The perennial plant Pueraria tuberosa (Roxb. ex Willd. ), also called vidarikand or Indian Kudzu, grows in India and other Asian countries. It is a member of the Fabaceae family. In Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine, the tuber and leaves of this plant have been used a lot because they are good for your health and can help you feel better.
It is also called Hedysarum tuberosum willd, which is a different name for it (e.g., Indian Kudzu, vidarikanda). It does well in places with a lot of moisture, like monsoon forests and coastal areas. It can be found all over India, from the western Himalayas to Sikkim, up to 4000 feet high in Kumaon, and in tropical and subtropical areas.
Table of Contents
What is Vidarikanda?
Vidarikhand is a perennial herb with the botanical name Pueraria tuberosa. It comes from the Fabaceae (pea) family and is said to be one of Mother Nature's most healing medicines. Commonly called "Indian Kudzu," Vidarikhand has a tuberous root system and a climbing, trailing vine that wind around each other. The tuberous roots are round and starchy. They are white and taste sweet. The new branches have grey hairs on them. This tuberous plant has three-leafed, alternate leaves that look like the leaves of Palash. The leaflets are egg-shaped, with a round base and uneven sides. Flowers are usually blue or purple-blue in colour and have two sexes. The fruit pods are long and narrow, and there are a lot of seeds in each one. The seeds have soft, bristly, reddish-brown hairs, and there are usually between 3 and 6 of them.
The herb is native to India, Pakistan, and Nepal. It grows all over the Himalayas, up to a height of about 4000 feet, as well as in Mount Abu, Punjab, Sikkim, Kumaon, Western Uttar Pradesh, and Central India.
In the past, ayurvedic doctors used this amazing plant's round rhizomes to help new mothers make more milk. This is because the plant has a galactagogue effect. And because it had a lot of spermatogenic properties, it helped men make more and better sperm. It also made the sperm move faster and gave them more libido when they were sexually active. This plant's edible tubers have also been used to treat chest pain, fever, and rheumatism for a long time. It also helps people gain weight, improve the quality of their voices, improve their ability to reproduce, and treat infertility in both men and women.
Ayurveda, the holistic science of herbal remedies, has talked about this herb a lot. It has been mentioned in many ayurvedic texts and journals for a variety of reasons, such as, Rasayani (rejuvenates the whole body), Balya (improves muscle strength), Vayasthapana (prevents ageing), Stanyavardhana (increases breast milk), Jvara (helpful for fever), Kasahara (relieves cough), and Stanyavardhana (increases breast milk) are some of the herbs. Shwasha (helps with breathing problems), Amahara (treats indigestion), Deepana (increases stomach fire), Pachana (helps with digestion), Rochana (stimulates appetite), Vajikaran (improves libido), Anulomana (improves breathing), Vamana (stops nausea and vomiting), Dahahara (eases burning sensation), Prameha (controls diabetes), Trutahara (eases excessive thirst), Meha (good for nutrition).
Health benefits of Vidarikanda:
1- Vidarikand for coronary artery disease
Because it has antioxidant properties, vidarikand might help keep coronary artery disease from getting worse. Vidarik has antioxidants, which fight against free radicals.
This makes it harder for blood clots to form, which improves the flow of blood to the heart and lowers the risk of heart damage and coronary heart disease.
2- Vidarikand for kidney disease
Vidarikand is a powerful antioxidant that keeps the kidneys from getting hurt.
This helps treat diabetic nephropathy, which is kidney damage caused by diabetes. Vidarikand's antioxidant properties get rid of free radicals in the body and help the kidney cells exchange oxygen better.
3- Vidarikand for athletic performance
Vidarikand makes you stronger because it can make your body make more growth hormones. It also helps you gain weight, get a bigger chest, and get stronger muscles.
4- Vidarikand for Hypertension
Vidarikand could help control high blood pressure because it has antioxidant properties. Vidarikand's antioxidant properties help get rid of free radicals in the body, which protects the blood vessels from damage. It can also lower blood pressure by making the blood vessels bigger and letting more blood flow through them.
5- Vidarikand for heart attack
Vidarikand helps lower the risk of having a heart attack because it is an antioxidant. It protects against stroke because it is good for your heart. Some of the things in Vidarikand make the blood vessels relax, which speeds up the flow of blood through the arteries. This helps the blood vessels get bigger, which lowers vital signs and lowers the risk of heart attacks.
6- Vidarikand for weight loss
A study shows that vidarikand's anti-inflammatory properties help reduce body fat and mass. The effect of inflammatory genes that cause inflammation is lessened by a part of Vidarikand.
Other medicinal use of Vidarikand:
- Vidarikand powder is often used to treat problems with the urinary tract and the reproductive system. Keeping the right amount of moisture in the urinary tract while getting rid of most urinary tract infections is done by reducing the inflammation inside the tract. Because it is antimicrobial, it kills all the microbes and keeps your urinary tract healthy. On the other hand, the herb makes the reproductive system stronger. This herb helps make healthy sperm and improves performance during sexual activity, which makes it easier to get pregnant. Many ayurvedic doctors recommend it for both men and women who can't have children.
- Not only can vidarikand powder help you get pregnant, but it can also help you after you have given birth. The herbal powder gives a mother's body the nutrients it needs. In addition, vidarikand powder makes women make more breast milk.
- It's hard to lose those extra kilos, but it's even harder to put on weight. There aren't many healthy ways to put on weight if you want to. Here, too, ayurveda comes to the rescue. If you use vidarikand powder often, it's easy to put on weight.
- Vidarikand powder is good for more than just one or two body parts, and singers and news anchors use it to improve the sound of their voices. Some people say it can also help with sore throats.
- The herbal powder is not only good for the reproductive system, but it is also very good at healing diseases that start in the respiratory tract. It helps you cough and clear up congestion because it is a good expectorant.
Leave a comment