Asian Vegetable Fritter
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Refined flour - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
Egg - 1
Coconut Cream - 50 ml
Green Peas - 1 cup
Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 4 Cloves
Onion - 1
Mushroom - 50 gms
Chilli paste - 1 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Refined oil - 3 tbsp
Jalapeños - 7-9
Chilly Flakes - For Garnishing
1) Make a thick batter using refined flour, baking powder, egg and coconut cream. Add water as desired, the batter should be a thick one and NOT runny.
2) To this batter add all the vegetables, salt and pepper and give them a whisk.
3) Add in chilli paste along with sesame oil and soy sauce.
4) Heat a Meyer dosa tawa and sprinkle some oil on it.
5) Ladle out the vegetable batter into small thick disks.
6) Let them cook on a low flame and become puffy.
7) Cook both the sides and ensure they are cooked through.
8) Garnish with chilly flakes and serve with a sweet chilli sauce.
A power packed protein rich twist to the classic breakfast treat, pancakes. A savoury option with flavours of Indian lentils and coconut make a fit for the Indian palate.Read more