Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Green French Beans - 250 gms
Curry leaves - 5 or 6 pcs.
Mustard seeds - 3 gms
Onions - 15 gms
Green chillies - 2 pcs
Grated coconut - 10 gms
Dry red chilli - 2 pcs
Ginger juliennes - 3 gms
Coconut oil - 10 ml
Salt to taste
Pinch of pepper
1. Wash and peel the green beans and cut into 1 cm cubes.
2. Blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 min and transfer to an ice bath.
3. In a frying heat coconut oil and make a tempering using mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger juliennes and onions.
4. Slit the green and red chilies and add to the tempering.
5. Add the grated coconut and saute till toasty.
6. Add the boiled beans to the tempering and season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with fried curry leaves and freshly chopped coriander.