Black Rice and Marinara Stuffed Bellpeppers
Preparation time 30 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Bellpepper - 3 no.
Black Rice - 100 gms.
Marinana Sauce - 1/2 cup
Onions - 1 no.
Zucchini - 1 no.
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Parsley - 1 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
1. Soak, boil and strain black rice and keep aside.
2. In a frying pan, heat butter and add garlic and chopped onions.
3. When onion is soft, add the cooked rice.
4. Adjust the seasoning and add parsley to the rice and keep aside.
5. In another pan, melt butter and add garlic to it.
6. Add chopped onions and zucchini and cook till soft.
7. Add store bought marinara sauce to the pan.
8. Adjust the seasoning.
9. Cut the top off bellpeppers and remove the seeds and clean it.
10. Layer the marinara mixture and the black rice in alternation inside the bellpeppers.
11. Grate cheese on top.
12. Put the tops back and the bellpeppers in the over at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
An excellent alternative to the classic friend rice without any starch or carbs, fit for people on Keto.Read more