- Potato: 4
- Egg: 1
- Carrot puree: ½ cup
- Flour: 1.5 cups
- Butter: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves
- Cream: ½ cup
- Pepper: 1 tsp
- Cheddar cheese: 1 cup
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Parsley: 1 tsp
- Green peas: ½ cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes: 1 tsp
Boil four potatoes and peel their skin. Grate them from the thick side of a grater. In a boil of the grated potatoes, crack one egg, add carrot puree over them and mix it together. Add refined flour and knead it into a light dough.
- Divide the dough in half and roll it into a long strip over a floured chopping board. Cut the strip into half inch pieces. Press each individual piece on a fork to give it the gnocchi grooves.
- To cook them, toss into boiling water and boil them for 3-4 minutes until they rise to the top. Set them aside on a tray.
- In a non-stick frypan add some butter and saute chopped garlic into it. Add some fresh cream, with black pepper and grated cheddar cheese. Mix them till incorporated.
- In a non-stick frypan, toss the cooked gnocchi in some oil with dried parsley and set them aside. Whip the same pan and add green peas with some water into it, finish them off with some butter, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Serve them on a plate, with a layer of the cheese sauce, then gnocchi followed by the green peas.
Gnocchi is a classic Italian dish, which can be made with different sauces. The most common way of serving it is with a brown butter and parmesan emulsion.