Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 5 Minutes
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Onion - 1
Mushrooms - 100 gms
Thyme - 1 tsp
Balsamic vinegar - 10 ml
Masoor dal - 1 cup
Almonds - handful
Soy sauce - 10 ml
Beetroot - 1
Butter - 10 gms
1) In a pan, heat oil and add sliced onions to it.
2) Throw in garlic cloves and saute.
3) Add in sliced mushrooms along with the thyme and cook them on a high flame.
4) Add in balsamic vinegar and cook till a nice dark colour.
5) Transfer all the contents of the pan in a blender.
6) Add almonds, soy sauce, juice of the beetroot and boiled masoor dal and blend into a fine paste.
7) Store in a jar with a layer of butter on top.
A hearty spread for your morning toast or a flavourful dip to your chips and crisps this a highly versatile dish that has a very unique and distinct flavour.Read more