This festive season, we bring to you a subtly sweet and supremely nutritious treat. Rich and creamy, this easy to prepare and delicious to savour makhana kheer will delight taste buds! What makes this recipe special is that it is neither overly sweet like the mithais available in the market, nor difficult to prepare. Follow our steps and cook this easily in your home!
Chase the flavors
Prep time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Makhana - 1.5 cup
Full cream milk - 1 litre
Saffron - 1 pinch
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Crushed nutmeg - 1 pinch
Mixed nuts - Handful
1) In a pan, heat the ghee and add in the makhana, roast the makhana for a few minutes till it gets toasty.
2) To the pan, add in the full cream milk and start reducing.
3) While reducing, lightly crush the makhanas and also add in the saffron, sugar and the nutmeg.
4) Cover with a lid while stirring in between ,let the kheer reduce by half.
5) Add in the sliced mixed nuts and refrigerate the kheer before serving.
6) Garnish with crushed nuts and saffron.
Leave a comment