Maple Glazed Grilled Pumpkin Boats
Preparation time 40 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
yellow pumpkin - 400 gms
olive oil - 5 ml
Maple syrup - 20 ml
Butter - 15gms
Walnuts - 20 gms
Feta Cheese- 10 gms
Black pepper - to taste
Salt - to taste
1. In a frying pan dry roast the walnuts till aromatic and keep aside.
2. Peel the pumpkin and cut into boat-shaped wedges.
3. Lay the pumpkins flat on a baking tray and using a brush or hands coat them with maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Heat the grill pan and apply butter to it.
5. Grill the marinated pumpkins till they get clear black grill marks and finish the cooking in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 mins.
6. In a frying pan melt some butter and add the leftover maple syrup to the pan and season with salt and pepper till they reach a thick glaze consistency.
7. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cooked pumpkins and garnish with toasted walnuts and crumbled feta cheese.
A time-saving twist to a global favourite making it easy to serve and packed with the goodness of veggies. Read more..Read more