Mini Carrot Halwa Tartlets
1) In a blender, blend the flour, caster sugar and butter into a coarse powder.
2) Add in the egg and knead into a crumbly dough and chill for at least 30 mins.
3) In a Meyer Select kadai, heat the milk and add the grated carrot to it.
4) Reduce the milk by 75%, the carrots will cook in the milk at this point.
5) Add the sugar and the cardamom powder to the carrots and let them simmer till almost dry.
6) Once the carrots have dried, fold in the ghee to give it buttery taste and keep it aside.
7) Roll out the dough into a thin sheet of 1/2 cm thickness and cut out disks according to the size of your muffin tray.
8) Place the dough disks into the muffin tray and blind bake the shells at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
9) Blind baking is a process of baking shells without any kind of stuffing and weighing it down with any kind of dry beans, chickpeas in this case.
10) Once the shells are baked, discard the chickpeas and fill them with the prepared halwa.
11) Garnish with the chopped almonds and black raisins and serve warm.
Chase the flavors
Prep time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 50 Minutes
Refined flour - 1 cup
Caster sugar - 1/4 cup
Salted butter - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Milk - 300 ml
Carrot - 5
Sugar - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Almonds - For garnish
Black raisins - For garnish
Leave a comment