Rose And Dry Fruit Kachori
Chase the flavors
Prep time 15 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Refined flour - 1 cup
Sooji - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Rose syrup - 30 ml
Almonds - Handful
Pistachios - Handful
Black raisins - handful
Dates - Handful
Honey - 30 ml
Rose petals - A pinch
Oil for frying
1) In a bowl, mix the sooji and flour.
2) Spoon in the ghee and rub it in.
3) Add in the rose syrup and start kneading the dough; add a few drops of water if required.
4) In a MEYER Prism fry pan, heat a teaspoon of ghee and add in all the sliced nuts.
5) Once the nuts are slightly roasted add in the chopped dates and raisins.
6) Spoon in the honey and combine it all.
7) Turn off the heat and chuck in a few edible rose petals.
8) Flatten out the dough into disks and fill them with the dry fruit stuffing.
9) Pinch the dough close and make a stuffed round patty.
10) Deep fry at a low temperature for 10-12 minutes till the dough gets a nice golden brown colour.
11) Serve hot with a cup of tea.
Leave a comment