Sugar Glazed Donuts
Preparation time 25 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Milk - 1/2 cup
Caster sugar - 2 tsp
Activated yeast - 1 tbsp
Salt - A pinch
Eggs - 1
Melted butter - 2 tbsp
Refined flour - 2 cups
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Oil - For frying
A fast food classic that is rarely made at home due to the complex cooking methods associated with it. This recipe will change that scenario and will coax you to prepare these super soft and spongy donuts at your home!
1) In a bowl, dissolve the sugar in the milk and add the yeast to it.
2) Add in the salt and mix it all together.
3) Crack open an egg in the liquid and whisk it in along with the melted butter.
4) Add the refined flour to the wet ingredients and make a semi-soft dough, rest it for a minimum 45 mins.
5) Roll out the dough in a sheet and cut donuts out of this dough using ring moulds jar caps.
6) Let the sliced donuts rise for another 20 mins and then deep fry them till golden and puffy
7) For the frosting, dissolve the powdered sugar in a spoonful of milk and make a glaze.
8) Coat the donuts in powdered sugar and dip in the glaze.
9) Serve with a side of coffee.
A winter classic, this delicious treat will certainly warm up your day! Served in the form of individual muffins, it features a sweet cookie base and a hearty stewed apple center.Read more