Aluminium tawas are indeed one of the most commonly used cookware items in Indian kitchens. They hold a significant place in Indian cooking due to their affordability, quick heating properties, and versatility. Moreover, aluminium tawa price is comparatively lower than other cookware, which enhances its overall appeal.
What Makes Aluminium Tawa Popular?
- Affordability: Aluminium tawa price is generally more affordable compared to other cookware materials like stainless steel or enamel cast iron.
- Quick Heating: Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat, which means that it heats up quickly and evenly. This property is particularly useful for making items like rotis, dosas, and pancakes, where even heating is crucial.
- Traditional Cooking: Many traditional Indian dishes like rotis, dosas, and parathas are best prepared on a tawa. Therefore, aluminium tawas have become a staple in Indian kitchens.
- Lightweight: Aluminium tawas are lightweight and easy to handle, making them convenient for everyday cooking.
- Crispy Results: The even heating of aluminium tawas helps achieve crispy and well-cooked dosas and parathas.
- Multipurpose: Apart from making rotis and dosas, aluminium tawas can be used for a variety of other cooking tasks like sautéing vegetables, toasting spices, and more.
Is Aluminium Tawa A Good Conductor Of Heat?
Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat, making aluminium tawas a popular choice for cooking in many kitchens. As a metal, aluminium has high thermal conductivity, which means it can quickly and efficiently transfer heat from the heat source to the cooking surface. This property is highly desirable for cookware used in tasks that require even heating, such as making rotis, dosas, pancakes, and more. In addition, you can find a variation of aluminium tawa price that suits different budgets.
What Are The Benefits Of High Thermal Conductivity?
The high thermal conductivity of aluminium ensures that the entire surface of the tawa heats up evenly, preventing hot spots and allowing for consistent cooking results. When you place the dough or food on an aluminium tawa, it quickly receives the heat it needs for cooking.
Are All Aluminium Tawas Non-Stick?
No, not all aluminium tawas are non-stick. Aluminium tawas can come in different varieties based on their coating and surface treatment. This also impacts aluminium tawa price.
Common Types Of Aluminium Tawa:
- Plain Aluminium Tawas: These tawas have a plain, uncoated aluminium surface. While they offer excellent heat conductivity, they may require more oil or ghee to prevent sticking during cooking.
- Anodized Aluminium Tawas: Anodized aluminium tawas have undergone an electrochemical process that creates a protective layer on the surface. This layer enhances durability, prevents reactivity with acidic ingredients, and provides a slightly non-stick effect.
- Non-Stick Coated Aluminium Tawas: Some aluminium tawas come with a non-stick coating applied to the cooking surface. This coating, often made from materials like PTFE or ceramic, provides a more pronounced non-stick effect, requiring less oil for cooking and making cleanup easier.
- Hybrid Tawas: Some tawas have a combination of aluminium and other materials, such as stainless steel, for added durability and heat retention. These may have non-stick coatings as well.
When selecting an aluminium tawa, consider the type of cooking you'll be doing and your preferences and also aluminium tawa price. If you're looking for a non-stick effect, you can opt for an anodized or non-stick coated tawa. If you prefer the traditional feel of plain aluminium, you can choose a plain or anodized tawa and adjust your cooking methods accordingly.