Muskmelon, which is also called cantaloupe or kharbuja in Hindi, is one of the summer fruits that people like to eat. This pulpy fruit is a great way to beat the heat because it keeps you hydrated, and it also has a dozen health benefits.
But while you were enjoying this fleshy pastel fruit, were you throwing away the nutritious seeds?
Nutritional value of muskmelon:
You might be surprised to learn that 100 g of muskmelon seeds have about 7% carbs, 2% protein, and less than 1% fat. Also, these seeds are full of vitamins and minerals, like vitamins A, C, E, K, niacin, zinc, magnesium, and so on.
Health benefits of muskmelon seeds:
- Lower your blood pressure: Muskmelon seeds are high in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
- Muskmelon seeds are good for your eyes: They have a lot of vitamin A and beta carotene, which can help you see better and lower your risk of getting cataracts.
- Take care of your hair and nails: The high protein content of these seeds helps your body's tissues grow and also helps your hair and nails grow.
- Boost your immune system: Vitamin C, which is found in muskmelon seeds, helps boost the number of white blood cells in the blood, which makes your immune system stronger.
- Good for expectant mothers: These seeds are good for pregnant women because they have a lot of folate. Folate gets rid of excess sodium, which helps pregnant women keep less water in their bodies.
- Reduce stress: You might be wondering how these seeds can reduce your stress. In a nutshell, they increase the flow of oxygen to the brain, which makes our brain tissues calm and free of stress.
- Helpful for acidity and constipation: Since muskmelon seeds have a neutral pH, they are a blessing for people who have acid reflux or other stomach problems often.
- Keep your heart healthy: The high amount of omega-3 fatty acids in muskmelon seeds is very good for the way your heart works and helps prevent many heart diseases.
- Prevents seasonal flu: Keep the summer cold at bay by eating muskmelon seeds. They get rid of extra mucus in the body and help clear up congestion.
Ways to eat muskmelon seeds:
- You can eat muskmelon seeds raw, or you can put them in salads or serve them with your fruit. Not only will they make the food healthier, but they will probably also make it crunchier and taste better.
- You can clean the seeds of the muskmelons, let them dry, and then roast them in the oven or on the stove to make a healthy, crunchy snack. When you want a snack, you can eat them without feeling bad.
- Try putting these seeds in your smoothies to change their taste and make them thicker.
- Muskmelon seeds can also be spread on breads and buns or added to sandwiches to make them taste even better.
- You could also use these seeds to thicken soups, stews, and gravies. They are often added to spicy meat dishes to make them thicker.
- You can make apple pies and crumbles with them.
From Our Shop