- What is Junk Food?
- Popular examples of Junk ood include:
- Why is Junk Food bad?
- Healthy alternatives to Junk Food:
1. What is Junk Food?
'Junk foods' are foods items that lack nutrients, minerals, and vitamins and are high in kilojoules- salts, sugars and saturated fats. These food items are called junk food because they don’t play any role in healthy eating and are not required to be a part of your diet.
2. Popular examples of Junk Food include:
- Fast foods (such as Fries, Burgers and Pizzas)
- Cakes and Biscuits
- Chocolate and Sweets
- Processed Food such as Maggie
- Sugary Drinks (such as Pepsi, Cola, Fanta)
3. Why is Junk Food bad?
If you are regularly eating junk food, your body will not receive essentials nutrients and would have increased risk obesity and chronic (long-term) diseases like:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- A Number of Cancers
4. Healthy alternatives to Junk Food:
Impacts, many; solutions-any? Well, our Millennial chef, Varun Arora, who himself is extremely fond of fast food and well-understands the cravings of the kids, has created nutritious meals that are easy to create, and are the perfect replacement of the notorious junk foods. So, next time when your kids demand junk food, prepare these quick and easy junk foods that are healthy substitutes to popular junk foods.
Check out our delicious recipes here