You can’t always go out and order your favourite pizza. But try explaining this to your palate that every now and then craves the ultimate comfort food! Futile- the whole exercise of explaining your limitations to your taste buds. And what about all those preservatives and unhygienic fats that come with any store-bought, restaurant-ordered meals? So, is there a solution? Yes. Make your own pizza at your own home. Sounds difficult? Well, not if you have a high-quality stainless steel pan at home. Because you can make awesome pizza at home on a stainless steel pan.
- Stainless steel pan are perfect to make Pizza:
- Tips for great pizza at home
- FAQ on how to make Stainless Steel Pizza
- Best Stainless pans in India
1. Stainless steel pan are perfect to make pizza :
Stainless steel cookware has gained popularity for its durability and versatility. And this popularity is truly well-deserved as stainless steel is toxin-free and a multi-purpose cookware that you can use for different types of cooking at different heat settings. A stainless steel pan can withstand high heat and will not break due to extreme temperature change. Therefore, you can make pizza at home on a stainless steel fry pan easily. Even Pizza Hut uses aluminium pans that are well seasoned with oil for all their production. Therefore, just season your pan with oil and heat it .
2. Tips for great pizza at home:
Here are some tips to get tasty pizza at home using your stainless steel frypan :
- Do not put a lot of wet toppings while layering your pizza as the wetter the pizza the less crispy it will be.
- Ensure that the pan is preheated before you place the pie so that the base gets cooked properly. The hot surface of the cookware will puff up the pizza dough as soon as it comes into contact, cooking it evenly.
- Remember that to make a great pizza; you need your dough to be cooked with something hot. A steel pizza pan substitute is a great way to cook dough efficiently as they don’t crack under intense heat.
- If you are using a stainless steel sauce pan, always ensure to turn it upside down otherwise it will be difficult to take it out once it’s done.
3. FAQ on how to make a stainless steel pizza:
Q: Why should you preheat the pan before baking?
A: So that the pan starts to cook the dough as soon as it comes in contact.
Q: Why should you add cheese when the pizza is almost done?
A: Because most home ovens don’t get hotter than 600°F (315°C). Therefore, they take 8-10 minutes to bake a pizza properly. However, if you have kept cheese with the rest of the toppings, which is a norm, the cheese will dry out and burn before the crust is ready. So, keep the cheese aside and top the pizza with the cheese only 2-3 minutes before it’s done baking in the oven. This will ensure that the cheese has melted without turning hard.
Q: Is all stainless steel pans oven safe?
A: Though most stainless steel pans with metal handles are oven safe up to 500-600°F (260-315°C), you can check your user manual for certainty.
4. Best stainless pans in India :
Here are some of the stainless steel pans that you can use to prepare pizza at home:
Meyer Select Stainless Steel Frypan 28cm (Induction & Gas Compatible)
Add to Cart
Meyer Select Stainless Steel Milk Pan 14cm (Induction & Gas Compatible)
Add to Cart
Check out the premium range of Nickel Free Stainless Steel Cookware here