Mango Kadhi With Achaari Pakoda
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 15 Minutes
Spinach - 1 bunch
Ginger - 2
Onion - 2
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli pickle - 2-3 pieces
Besan - 2 cups
Curd - 1 cup
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 1
Mustard oil - 20 ml
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 15-20
Asafoetida (hing) - 1 tsp
Mango pulp - 2 tbsp
Tamarind pulp - 1/4 cup
1) In a bowl, take chopped spinach, properly washed and drained.
2) Add chopped ginger, onion, salt and red chilli powder to the spinach.
3) Add the masala from stuffed red chilli pickles to it.
4) Add a cup of besan to it and make a thick batter for pakodas.
5) Make small balls of his spinach batter and deep fry them and keep aside.
6) In another bowl, take one cup of besan and add a cup of curd to it.
7) Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and cumin powder to it and beat it to make a thin batter.
8) In a kadai, heat mustard oil.
9) Add cumin seeds and let them pop.
10) Add chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli and onions to the kadai and cook the onions till brown.
11) Add mustard seeds and curry leaves to the kadai along with hing.
12) Add the kadhi batter and cook it till a little thick.
13) Add the tamarind pulp to the kadhi along with mango pulp.
14) Add the pakodas to the kadhi and serve hot.
A hearty soup that can be had as a meal replacement, with the smokiness of paprika and the amazing combination of carrot and pineapple with ginger.Read more