One Pot Shakshouka
Preparation time 5 Minutes
Cooking time 15 Minutes
Eggs - 3
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Onions - 1
tomatoes - 1
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
Zucchini - 1/2
Coriander - For garnish
Salt - To taste
Pepper - 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
An African staple with an indian twist consisting of eggs and vegetables in a tomato based gravy.
1) In a skillet heat some oil and add chopped garlic to it and saute
2) Add the chopped onions to the pan and cook till brown.
3) Add chopped tomatoes and zucchini and reduce a little.
4) Add the tomato puree and cook.
5) Add the seasoning and powdered spices.
6) When a thick sauce is ready break open three eggs in the pan
7) Cover and cook till the eggs are cooked soft.
8) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.