Burnt Garlic And Pumpkin Vegan Spaghetti
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 20 Minutes
Olive oil - 10 ml
Garlic cloves - 5-6
Onion - 1
Pumpkin - 100 gms
Tomato - 1
Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Parsley - 1 tsp
Basil - 1 tsp
Maple syrup - 10 ml
Spaghetti - Handful
A combination that is mostly unheard of and seldom tried but works wonder!
1) In a fry pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and onions to it.
2) Cook the onions on a low heat and let them caramelise.
3) Allow the garlic to properly brown so that the flavour infuses into the oil.
4) Add boiled, cubed pumpkin to the pan and toss.
5) Add seasoning along with the chilli flakes and the maple syrup and toss again.
6) Add basil and parsley and blend it all into a fine puree.
7) Make small cuts on the tomato and boil it for 10-15 seconds.
8) Peel and chop the tomato and add it to the pan.
9) Add the boiled spaghetti and toss till it's properly coated with the sauce.
10) Adjust the consistency with veg stock.
11) Garnish with parsley and olive oil and serve.