Preparation time 15 Minutes
Cooking time 5 Minutes
Quinoa - 100 gms
Onion - 1 no.
Tomato - 1 no.
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - 8-10
Chana Dal - 1 tsp
Coriander for garnish
Milk - 100 ml
Desi Ghee - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 knot
Chilli - 2 no.
1. Boil quinoa, strain and keep aside.
2. In a frying pan heat ghee and add chopped ginger and chilli.
3. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds and dal.
4. When the dal starts to pop and Turn golden add onions.
5. Add the tomatoes when the onions become golden.
6. Add the boiled quinoa and milk and combine.
7. Check the seasoning.
8. Garnish with coriander and serve.
A healthy and international twist to kheer (an Indian rice pudding dessert) with the creaminess of the coconut and wholesomeness of rice.Read more