Seviyan Cups With Coconut Rabri And Fresh Fruits
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 30 Minutes
Full cream milk - 1L
Desiccated coconut - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamom pods - 4-5
Ghee - 1 tsp
Seviyan - 1 cup
Condensed milk - 1tbsp
Fresh mango - 1
Strawberry jam - 2 tbsp
1) In a MEYER Select milkpan, start heating the milk and add the desiccated coconut to the pan.
2) Add in the sugar and let the milk infuse with the coconut flavour.
3) Chuck in the cardamom pods and let it simmer for at least 20 mins.
4) Strain the milk and put it back on the heat.
5) Keep reducing on low heat till the milk is fully reduced, thick and a little grainy.
6) Scrape the cream and fat that comes to the top and mix it back in the milk.
7) Chill it in the fridge.
8) In a MEYER Prism frypan, add in a teaspoon of ghee and add in the seviyan.
9) Lightly roast them till toasty and golden.
10) Sprinkle some water on top to make them soft and spoon in the condensed milk.
11) Make small cups with the soft seviyan using muffin trays and freeze them for 10 mins.
12) Demould the cups and spoon in the chilled coconut rabri.
13) Garnish half with chopped mango and half with strawberry jam.
Indian food is highly flavourful and complex but the complaint many people have with it is that it leaves their hands dirty and many people don’t prefer that. This recipe eliminates that problem by baking the classic pav bhaji into a lasagna that can be enjoyed with a fork and knife and is also packed with flavour and melt cheese.Read more