South Indian Egg Stew
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Vinegar - 10ml
Eggs - 4
Ghee - 1 tsp
Garlic - 4 cloves
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Slit green chilli - 4
Ginger juliennes - 1 knot
Onion - 1
Tomato - 2
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - Handful
Coconut cream - 1/2 cup
1) In a Meyer Select milk pan, heat water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add in vinegar and salt and gently place the eggs in the pan for boiling.
3) Remove the eggs after 10 minutes as they would be perfectly hard boiled.
4) In a Meyer Prism fry pan, heat ghee and make a tempering using chopped garlic, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, green chilli and ginger.
5) Thinly slice the onions and add them to the pan for sautéing.
6) Once the onions are soft, add in the cubed tomatoes with the powdered spices and seasoning.
7) Chuck in the curry leaves and let them crisp up a little.
8) Finish the masala with the coconut cream and reduce till a thick glossy sauce is left behind.
9) Add in the peeled boiled eggs and give them a toss until they are fully coated with the masala.
10) Enjoyed best with appams or neer dosa or on its own.