What are Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookies?
The base of the cookie dough is made with a classic shortbread method. Shortbread is a traditional Scottish cookie made with flour, sugar, butter and vanilla, as simple as that. The Scottish people didn’t want to pay tax on their cookies, hence they started calling it bread, which was not taxed, that's where the name short bread comes from.
To the shortbread cookie dough, there is an addition of strawberry jam to add the tartness and also white chocolate chunks, all throughout the dough, to give it the required richness.
How to make Strawberry and White chocolate cookies
- In a glass bowl cream caster sugar and melted butter together, add one egg and whip that in too.
2. Add in a dollop of strawberry jam and incorporate it using a wired whisk.
3. Add the refined flour with baking powder into the bowl and fold it in using a silicone spatula. Add in some white chocolate chunks and fold them in too.
4.Portion out the cookie batter in equally appropriate sizes on a non-stick cookie tray and bake them in a preheated 180 degree oven for 12-14 minutes minutes.
5. Once they come out of the oven, let them cool completely before serving.
- Cream the butter and sugar thoroughly till the sugar is almost dissolved.
- Do not over mix the flour into the wet mixture or the cookies might turn dense.
- Make sure to let the cookies cool before you eat them or they might be too soft.