Apple Crumble Muffin
Preparation time 20 Minutes
Cooking time 50 Minutes
Butter - 1 cube
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Maple Syrup - 30 ml
Vanilla Custard Powder - 2 tbsp
Refined Flour - 1 cup
Caster sugar - 1/4 cup
Strawberry muesli - 1/4 cup
1) In a Circulon Origins saute pan, melt butter and add chopped apples along with cinnamon powder and maple syrup.
2) Cook them down to a syrupy consistency and add custard powder to the pan.
3) In a blender, blend together the flour, butter, and sugar into a crumbly mixture that looks like sand.
4) In a Meyer Bakemaster muffin tray, make a base of this crumble by patting it down and make small cups in the mould.
5) Use only half the mixture for the base and to that add the strawberry muesli and maple syrup and make a crumble for the topping.
6) Place a spoonful of the apple mixture to the cups in the mould and top it with the crumble on top.
7) Bake at 190 degrees for 40 minutes and remould them.
8) Garnish with a sprinkle of icing sugar and maple syrup and serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
A quintessential winter dessert served in a way that is anything but basic. A classic dessert plated and served in the form of individual tartlets making it easy to serve and consume and just adding a crispy, crumble texture also.Read more