How to make Stuffed Hash Browns ?
1) Take the potatoes and peel them, grate them with the largest side of the grater. Squeeze them to remove excess water and set them aside in a separate bowl.
2) To the grated potatoes, add the herb butter, grated cheddar cheese, refined flour, egg, salt and pepper and parsley and mix it all together till completely incorporated.
3) Heat a non-stick fry pan. To that add oil, chopped garlic and saute it till it browns. Add chopped onions, bell peppers and mushrooms to the pan and saute them.
4) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, add tomato paste and adjust the consistency with water. Cook the vegetables completely and cool them down in a separate bowl.
5) In a small bowl, lay a sheet of plastic wrap, spread a thick layer of the grated potatoes. Inside the potatoes add the prepared vegetables and tomato mix. Stuff a cube of cheese into the vegetables and cover it up with some more grated potatoes.
6) Lift the plastic wrap gently and seal the hash brown by twisting the top of the plastic wrap tightly. Place the stuffed hash browns in a baking tray and freeze them for 20 minutes.
7) Once they are frozen, brush them with some egg wash and bake them into a preheated 180 degree oven for 40 minutes.
8) Serve them hot as soon as they come out of the oven.
Suggested cookware for the recipe