Stuffed Hash Browns
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 40 Minutes
Potatoes - 4
Butter - 20 gms
Cheddar cheese - 1 cup
Refined flour - 1/2 cup
Egg - 2
Parsley - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Onion - 1
Bellpepper - 1 each
Mushrooms - 1 cup
Tomato paste - 1 tsp
1) Grate the potatoes and squeeze out all the water.
2) Add the melted butter, cheese, refined flour and one egg to the potatoes.
3) Mix it all into a pliable mixture.
4) In a pan, heat the oil and chuck in the chopped garlic.
5) Once brown, add the chopped onion, bell peppers and mushrooms and saute till soft.
6) Spoon in the tomato paste and adjust the seasoning.
7) Line a small bowl with cling wrap and make a cup of potato mixture.
8) Add in the stuffing along with a cube of mozzarella cheese and cover with the potato mixture.
9) Using the cling wrap, make it all into a tight ball like structure.
10) Place it in a baking tray and freeze it for 20 mins.
11) Apply egg wash to the frozen hash browns and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
A quirky little snack idea of a carb-free sandwich, fit for people who have a gluten allergy, or are just simply avoiding extra carbs like bread.Read more