A non-stick roti tawa is a pan or griddle designed specifically for preparing rotis, also known as chapatis or Indian flatbreads. The non-stick coating on the cooking surface prevents the rotis from sticking during preparation.
Key Features of a Non Stick Roti Tawa:
Here are some important characteristics and considerations for non-stick roti tawas:
Non-Stick Coating: The non-stick coating on the cooking surface is the primary characteristic of a non-stick roti tawa. This coating prevents the rotis from adhering to the tawa and allows them to be cooked with minimal oil or ghee. It enables effortless turning and removal of rotis without tearing or adhering.
Non-stick roti tawas can be manufactured from a variety of materials, including aluminium and carbon steel, which offer efficient heat conduction for uniform cooking. Meyer has the best non stick roti tawa in India that are 100% safe, durable and versatile.
Size and shape: Non stick roti tawas are available in various sizes and shapes to facilitate a variety of cooking applications. They are typically round and have a flat cooking surface, allowing for the rolling out and cooking of rotis of various diameters.
Heat Distribution: Non-stick roti tawas are designed to distribute heat uniformly across the entire heating surface. This ensures the rotis are cooked evenly and without hot areas.
Easy Cleaning: The non-stick coating on the on the non stick roti tawa makes it more convenient to clean. Food residue is less likely to adhere, making removal easier and requiring less scouring. Typically, non stick roti tawas are cleaned with a mild dish detergent and a soft sponge or fabric.
Durability: The durability of a non stick roti tawa is determined by the coating's quality and the tawa's material. To ensure long-lasting efficiency, it is essential to choose a tawa with a high-quality nonstick coating. You can find a wide range of high-quality and premium non stick roti tawa here.
Why Is A Non Stick Tawa Better Than Other Tawas?
A non-stick roti tawa is a popular choice for cooking due to its numerous advantages. Non-stick coatings of a non stick tawa enable cooking with minimal or no oil, as the non-stick surface of the non stick tawa prevents food from adhering to the surface. Those who are conscious of their oil intake or favour healthier cooking methods may find this useful.
The non-stick surface of a tawa allows food items, such as rotis, dosas, and pancakes, to release without adhering or tearing. This facilitates the flipping, rotating, and removal of cooked food. Nonstick tawas are designed to distribute heat evenly across the entire cooking surface. This promotes uniform heating, ensuring that food is cooked evenly and without hot spots or uneven browning.
Non-stick coatings make cleansing easier because food residue is less likely to adhere to the surface. Typically, a simple wipe with a soft sponge or fabric and mild dish soap is sufficient for cleaning the tawa. This reduces the time and effort required to scrub and submerge conventional tawas.
Best Non-Stick Roti Tawas in India:
Meyer is a well-known and trusted brand in the Indian market, offering a range of non-stick roti tawas with different sizes and features. They are known for their durable non-stick coatings and reliable performance.
Circulon Non-Stick + Hard Anodized Aluminium Flat Dosa Tawa, 28 Cm
- Extraordinary 4mm thick hard-anodized construction for durability and even heat distribution.
- First and only food release technology in the world with comprehensive Hi-Low design
- USA FDA-approved non-stick coating that is 100 percent free of PFOA, lead, and cadmium.
- Superior heat conductivity and thermal retention
- Cooks more quickly, saves fuel, energy, and time
- Coated rivets for a hygienic cooking
- Comfortable cast stainless steel handle resistant to heat
- Lifetime Warranty that attests its superior quality
Meyer Premium Non-Stick Square Tawa 28cm (3mm Thick)
- US FDA and European Food Safety Standards Authority-approved coating (manufactured by Whitford USA).
- GUARANTEED No PFOA | No Cadmium | No Nickel | No Arsenic | No Lead
- 40% LARGER than standard round tawa of the same dimension
- More areas allow you to cook more food in less time; reduces your effort and cuts your cooking gas usage by half.
- "Stay cool" phenolic handle for ease of use and handling
- Coated rivets for safe food preparation
- Exterior made of scratch-resistant porcelain enamel
Meyer Non Stick Edge-Less Flat Tawa, 30 Cm
- Completely TOXIN-FREE Product: US FDA and European Food Safety Standards Authority-approved Nonstick coating (from Whitford USA); GUARANTEED. No PFOA | No Cadmium | No Nickel | No Arsenic | No Lead
- Pure Australian Aluminium Construction that promotes quick and even heating
- 'Stay-cool' riveted phenolic handles that makes holding the tawa very easy
- Coated rivets make cooking hygienic.
- Oven-Safe to 180-degree C / 350-degree F.
Use and Care for Non Stick Roti Tawas:
To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your non-stick tawa, it's important to follow these precautions:
Avoid High Heat: Excessive heat can damage the non-stick coating on the tawa. Avoid using high heat settings when cooking on a non-stick tawa. Moderate to low heat is usually sufficient for most cooking tasks.
Use Gentle Utensils: To prevent scratching or damaging the non-stick coating, use wooden, silicone or plastic utensils when cooking on a non-stick tawa. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scrape the coating and reduce its effectiveness.
Avoid Abrasive Cleaners: When cleaning the non-stick tawa, avoid using abrasive cleaners, harsh scrubbing pads, or metal scouring pads. These can scratch the non-stick coating. Instead, use cloth or a soft sponge with mild dish soap to clean the tawa.
Don't Overheat Empty Tawa: Heating an empty non-stick tawa for an extended period can damage the non-stick coating. Always ensure there is food or oil on the tawa before heating it.
Avoid Stacking or Nesting: Stacking or nesting non-stick tawas or other cookware can cause scratches or damage to the non-stick coating. Store your non-stick tawa separately to protect the surface.
Use Careful Cleaning Techniques: To avoid damaging the non-stick coating, avoid using harsh chemicals, oven cleaners, or strong detergents on the tawa. Instead, opt for gentle dish soap and warm water for cleaning.
Store Properly: When storing your non-stick tawa, ensure it is completely dry to prevent any moisture from causing damage. Place a soft cloth or paper towel between stacked cookware to prevent scratches.