Non stick roti tawa price can vary a lot depending on what kind of non-stick coating was used to make it. Tawas with high-quality, toxin-free and certified coatings tend to cost more than those made from lower-quality or less lasting materials.
Key Features Of A High-Quality Non-Stick Cookware:
Non-stick cookware should be free of certain chemicals that have raised health and safety concerns. These chemicals are often used in traditional non-stick coatings, such as PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) or PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid). The absence of these toxins is a primary feature of a high-quality non-stick cookware and can easily affect non stick roti tawa price.
PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene): PTFE is commonly known by the brand name "Teflon." While PTFE itself is relatively stable and inert, it can release toxic fumes if overheated to very high temperatures (above 500°F or 260°C). These fumes can be harmful to humans and pets, leading to "Teflon flu" or polymer fume fever.
PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid): PFOA is a chemical used in the production of PTFE. It is considered a persistent organic pollutant and has been linked to adverse health effects. PFOA is known to persist in the environment and the human body for a long time, and exposure to high levels of PFOA has been associated with certain health risks.
What Is A Non-Stick Roti Tawa?
A roti tawa is a specialised form of flat frying griddle or pan that is used in Indian cuisine to produce rotis, parathas, and other types of flatbreads that are similar. A non-stick roti tawa is one example. The term "tawa" refers to the conventional flat surface used for cooking, and the term "non-stick" signifies that the surface of the tawa has been coated with a non-stick coating. The cost of a nonstick roti tawa in India is directly proportional to its level of quality.
The primary feature of a non-stick roti tawa is its non-stick coating, which prevents the dough from sticking to the surface during cooking. This coating allows for easy flipping and turning of the flatbreads without the need for excessive oil or ghee, resulting in healthier cooking. The non-stick property also helps in obtaining evenly cooked and uniformly browned rotis.
Non-stick roti tawas are typically made of aluminum or hard-anodized aluminum as these materials provide even heat distribution and are lightweight yet durable.
Uses of Non-Stick Roti Tawa:
A tawa is a piece of cookware that can be used for many different things. Here are a few popular ways to use tawa:
- Flat breads like rotis, chapatis, chillas, parathas, and naans are often made with tawas. The hot surface of a tawa helps the bread to rise and gives it a nice texture.
- Dosas, which are popular South Indian pancakes that are thin and crispy, can't be made without tawas. The big, even surface of the tawa makes it easy to spread the dosa batter and cook it evenly
- Tawas are great for making pancakes and crepes of all kinds. They spread heat out evenly, so food is always cooking and burning.
- Tawas can be used to both roast and toast a wide range of foods. On a tawa, you can roast spices, nuts, and seeds well to make their tastes stronger. Tawas can also be used to toast bread or tacos.
- Tawas can be used instead of grills to cook kebabs, paneer, and grilled veggies. The even heat spread of the tawa lets the food get a nice char and grill marks.
- Tawas can be used to fry foods like cutlets, pakoras, and fritters in a small pan or stir-fry them. The slightly raised ends of the tawa keep oil from spilling out.
- A tawa can be used to quickly warm up breads or rotis or to heat up leftovers.
- Tawas can be used to make omelettes, fried eggs, and egg bhurji, among other egg-based meals. The tawa's constant heat makes sure that food is heated and browned properly.
How Is Non-Stick Roti Tawa Price Set?
Construction and Design: The price of a tawa may be higher if it is made in a complicated way or has a unique design. For example, tawas like the Circulon Non-Stick Hard Anodized Flat Tawa, 32 Cm that have more than one layer to spread heat better or curved handles to make them easier to hold and more comfortable are more expensive than those with simpler designs.
Size and Thickness: The price of a tawa can depend on how big it is and how thick it is. Nickel-free stainless steel tawa or those that are built thicker, like the Meyer Trivantage Stainless Steel Triply Cookware Flat Tawa, 28cm, may cost more because they need more materials to make.
Non-Stick covering: Tawa prices can be higher if they have a high-quality non-stick covering, like one made of PTFE (Teflon) or ceramic. These coats are made to make the tawa nonstick, durable, and last a long time, which can add to the price of the tawa as a whole.
Features and Accessories: Prices may be higher for Tawas that come with extra features or accessories, like lids, spatulas, or recipe papers. These extra features can make the tawa easier to use and more useful, which may be reason enough to charge more for it.
Meyer Non Stick Roti Tawa Price:
Meyer, which is known all over the world for making the best cookware, has a wide range of non-stick roti tawas with different prices. Owing to its diversity, you can choose the roti tawa that best suits your budget and requirements
- Circulon Non-Stick Hard Anodized Curved Roti Tawa- INR 3,240
- Circulon Non-Stick Hard Anodized Square Tawa- 2,756
- Meyer Flat Induction Tawa- INR 1,775- INR 2,250
- Meyer Premium Non-Stick Curved Roti Tawa- INR 2,220
- Meyer Premium Non-Stick Square Tawa- INR 2,220
Does Meyer Cookware Have Any Discounts?
Yes, there are often weekend and seasonal discounts and sales on Meyer cookware. Some of the common times when you may find cookware on sale include:
- Holiday Sales: You can avail special discounts on festive season like Navratri, Dussehra, Diwali and Christmas.
- End-of-Season Sales: At the end of each season, Meyer may put certain cookware items on sale to make room for new inventory. This typically happens during the transition between seasons (e.g., end of summer or end of winter).
- Home and Kitchen Appliance Sales: Periodic sales events specifically focused on home and kitchen appliances, including cookware, may occur throughout the year.
- Special Occasions: Meyer also runs discounts during special occasions like Mother's Day, Father's Day, and other celebratory events.
- Clearance Sales: Cookware that is being discontinued or has limited availability may be offered at discounted prices during clearance sales.
To take advantage of seasonal discounts on cookware, it's a good idea to keep an eye on advertisements, newsletters, and online platforms. Additionally, signing up for email lists or following them on social media can help you stay informed about upcoming sales and promotions.