Pueraria mirifica is a potent antioxidant capable of scavenging harmful free radicals that can destroy cells. Its pro-estrogenic qualities and antioxidant benefits are thought to be helpful in addressing diseases affecting women's health. The herb Pueraria Candollei var. Mirifica, also known as White Kwao Krua, is utilised as a herbal oestrogen replacement therapy since its major bioactive, Deoxymiroestrol, is more effective than oestrogen itself.
What is Pueraria mirifica?
White Kwao Krua, also known as Pueraria Candollei variation Mirifica (abbreviated to Pueraria Mirifica), is one of three herbs given the moniker "Kwao Krua." For older women in particular, this plant has a long history of use as a revitalising and vitality-enhancing agent. It need to be regarded as a distinct dietary supplement from Kudzu root, Pueraria Lobata.
The herb is an excellent source of traditional phytoestrogens, such as soy isoflavones, but it also has a class of phytoestrogens called chromenes, which are more potent than oestrogen itself. Due to its high estrogenic potential, the herb is regarded as the standard herbal "oestrogen replacement therapy" because of its effectiveness.
Health benefits of Pueraria mirifica:
- Enhance bone density: Bone loss can be brought on by low oestrogen levels. This is especially true for women who are going through or have recently come out of menopause. It has been demonstrated that taking Pueraria mirifica as a supplement raises bone density.
- Prevents cancer: Pueraria mirifica may prevent the development of tumours and cancerous cells. The phytochemical miroestrol, which is present in this plant and has been demonstrated to protect the body from cancer, may be to blame for this.
- Antioxidant activity: Chemical substances are referred to as antioxidants when they lower stress levels and oxidative damage to physical tissues. The ensuing oxidative damage has the potential to result in disease if they are not present in enough quantity. However, some studies have indicated that Pueraria mirifica contains antioxidant properties and may potentially enhance the benefits of other antioxidants in your body.
- Reduction of menopausal symptoms: Pueraria mirifica contains the phytochemical phytoestrogen. This plant has a lot of phytoestrogens, which are substances that mimic the effects of oestrogen.
- Natural oestrogen levels in women decrease throughout menopause, which results in a variety of symptoms. Menopause symptoms like irritability, hot flashes, irregular periods, and more are reduced by using Pueraria mirifica.
- Supports brain health: Estrogen has an impact on the neurological system, which includes brain health. According to studies, the chemical miroestrol, which is present in Pueraria mirifica, guards against nervous system harm brought on by drops in oestrogen levels.
- Support vaginal health: Pueraria mirifica topical therapy may encourage healthy vaginal tissue, reducing vaginal dryness and generally enhancing the health and tone of the vaginal tissue.
- Boosts cardiovascular health: Pueraria mirifica may enhance cardiovascular health, particularly if the heart is impacted by a drop in oestrogen levels that may result in increased inflammation, elevated cholesterol levels, and weight gain. Supplements made of plant-based ingredients frequently help to decrease cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
- Breast enlargement: Younger women are known to consume Pueraria mirifica to enlarge their breasts in various parts of Asia, and a study discovered that eating food containing the plant for 12 weeks improved tension in the top breast area, propelling changes in the size and contour of the breast.
- Boosts memory: Pueraria mirifica roots are supposed to improve memory when crushed and combined with cow's milk.
- Enhance skin quality: Pueraria mirifica's leaves and roots are said to aid in skin smoothing.