Induction Cooktop – How Does It Work
When you keep a pot or pan on an induction cooktop, it creates a magnetic field between the pot and magnetic coils beneath the cooking surface. The electromagnetic field creates energy which in turn heats the contents of the pot. One of the few reasons what people are switching to induction cooktops are:
- Energy efficient
- Heats up food more quickly
- Safer as the cooking surface as it stays cool
- This type of cooktop is more responsive to changes in temperature control
If you have an induction cooktop then your cookware must contain ferromagnetic materials, that is it either has magnetic properties or contains iron.
Induction Cooktop – What Cookware to Choose
If you are shopping for induction friendly cooktop then cast iron, many types of stainless-steel cookware as well as high quality nonstick cookware are all induction compatible. Let us take a look at some of the best Meyer India cookware range that will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
This is one of the toughest and high-performance range which comes with a breakthrough in stainless-steel with an impact bonded base to ensure consistent and even heat distribution. Meyer ‘Select’ is your go to range if you want stylish good looks which last a lifetime of durable week-in, week-out service. The main features of Meyer ‘Select’ range:
- Winning combo of Stainless Steel and Aluminium through IMPACT BONDED BAS
- High grade mirror polished Proprietary Nickel Free Stainless Steel
- Metal utensil safe
- Hygienic and healthy cooking
- Riveted stainless steel handles
- Durable and versatile
- Suitable for all cooktops
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Oven and dishwasher safe
If you want a high-performance cookware, then this durable tri-ply cookware is perfect for you. Meyer Trivantage with a pure aluminium core between 2 layers of pure and non-toxic Japanese stainless steel ensures swift and even heat distribution, thus completely banishing ‘hot spots’ and boosting faster cooking. Meyer Trivantage provides:
- Hygienic and healthy cooking with non-toxic Japanese Stainless Steel
- Even heating all around
- ‘Stay Cool’ handles with permanent rivets and silicone covering
- Highly resistant to warping, scratch and pitting
One of the most versatile cooking range, Meyer pre-seasoned cast iron is a cookware is something every kitchen should have- bake in it, fry in it or barbeque in it. Suitable for cooking in induction, campfire, grill and oven.
- Designed using feedback from over 1000 Indian kitchens
- Perfect for fast & economical cooking
- Made without Enamel / Black Paint / Chemical Coating
- Comes with heat resistant canvas grip