Chettinad Mushroom And Papad Canapés
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Dry red chilli - 2
Desiccated coconut - 1 tbsp
Green chilli - 2
Ginger julienne - 1 knot
Garlic cloves - 4-5
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1
Refined oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1
Tomato - 2
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mushrooms - 50 gms
Papad - 3
1) In a Select fry pan, dry roast all the whole spices along with coconut, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
2) Once all the spices and seeds are dry roasted and have a nutty brown colour, blend into a fine paste using some water.
3) In the same pan, heat some oil and add the chopped onions to the pan and saute till golden.
4) Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook till combined properly.
5) Cook with some water and reduce till the onions and tomatoes are fully cooked and mashy.
6) Add the masala paste to the pan and cook till you get a thick gravy.
7) Add the seasonings along with the cubed mushrooms to the gravy.
8) Mushrooms take only a few minutes to cook, so remove the pan off the stove after 3-4 minutes of simmering.
9) Cut some papads into quarters and roast them.
10) Serve the dish by placing a spoon of the mushrooms on a piece of papad and garnishing with sliced green bell peppers.