1) Soak the 2 types of dal for at least 2-3 hours and coarsely grind them.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the dal along with chopped ginger, garlic, onion and both the chillies.
3) Hand crush the fried curry leaves and add them into the bowl.
4) Finely chop the lemongrass and add it as well.
5) Chuck in the cumin seeds and mix properly.
6) Gradually add in the cornflour till the texture has a binding consistency.
7) Finally, mix in the fresh coriander, salt and pepper.
8) Make small round patties and squeeze them in your palms making the edges comparatively thinner.
9) Deep fry till golden brown and serve hot.