Lemongrass Dal Vada
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Channa dal - 1/2 cup
Masoor dal - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Ginger - 1 knot
Dry red chilli - 2
Fresh green chilli - 1
Lemongrass - 1 stalk
Coriander - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves - handful
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1) Soak the 2 types of dal for at least 2-3 hours and coarsely grind them.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the dal along with chopped ginger, garlic, onion and both the chillies.
3) Hand crush the fried curry leaves and add them into the bowl.
4) Finely chop the lemongrass and add it as well.
5) Chuck in the cumin seeds and mix properly.
6) Gradually add in the cornflour till the texture has a binding consistency.
7) Finally, mix in the fresh coriander.
8) Make small round patties and squeeze them in your palms making the edges comparatively thinner.
9) Deep fry till golden brown and serve hot.
A pleasant change from the regular aloo ticks as a quick snack that can be whipped up in under 20 mins and the smokiness gives it a nice depth of flavour.Read more
Here's enticing your palate with Baklava, a Middle Eastern treat comprising of phylla pastry along with assorted exotic nuts in a thick caramel/honey-based sauce. Demanding a slightly intricate process that bears great result, this is the perfect dish for every occasion!Read more