Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 30 Minutes
Pineapple juice - 300 ml
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Channa dal - 2 tsp
Dry red chilli - 2
Desiccated coconut - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 4
Tamarind pulp - 1/2 cup
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - handful
Honey - 1 tbsp
Toor dal - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Ginger - 1 knot
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
1) Wash, drain and boil the toor dal till its soft.
2)Mash the dal properly and keep it aside.
3) Grind together roasted coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal and dry red chilli.
4) In a casserole, take chopped tomatoes and cover with pineapple juice.
5) Add the tamarind pulp to the casserole.
6) Now add the dry spices along with the curry leaves and let it simmer.
7) Add the boiled dal along with the ground masala mix.
8) Let the rasam simmer and keep it aside.
9) Make a tempering in a pan using ghee, chopped garlic, ginger, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
10) Add the tempering to the soup and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes.