Lentil and Vermicelli Stew
Preparation time 50 Minutes
Cooking time 6-7 Minutes
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Bay Leaves -1
Ginger - 1 knot
Garlic - 6-7 cloves
Sliced onion - 1
Arhar Dal - 1 cup
Green Chilli - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Sliced tomato - 1
Milk - 150 ml
Corn Kernel - 1 cup
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Roasted Vermicelli - 1 Cup
1. In a saucepan, heat the ghee and chuck in the whole spices.
2. Once the spices are aromatic, add in the chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
3. Add in the sliced onion along with the arhar dal and saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in the cumin seeds along with the sliced tomato and cover it with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk.
5. Add in a cup of frozen corn kernels and season with salt, pepper, turmeric and red chilli.
6. Let it all simmer till the lentils are cooked.
7. Blend it into a fine paste and bring it back to heat.
8. Dilute with water to get a soupy consistency.
9. Add in the roasted vermicelli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Serve hot.
A vibrant green, hearty and warm winter soup that is perfect for a cold evening. Perfect as a meal replacement for people on a low carb diet.Read more
Kadhi, as we all know, is a staple in many of our homes, especially in north India but it's the same old taste that has survived ages without any tweak. This recipe is just a small attempt to play around with this classic dish and to take it to the next level.Read more