Broccoli And Spinach Soup
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 10 Minutes
Broccoli - 2 whole
Spinach - 1/2 bunch
Butter - 1 cube
Flour - 1 tbsp
Milk - 200 ml
Parsley - 1 tbsp
Cream - 2 tbsp
1) In a Meyer Select saucepan, bring water to a boil and add salt to it.
2) Boil the broccoli and spinach, adding broccoli first and the spinach when the broccoli is 75% done as it takes longer to cook in compared to spinach.
3) Once cooked, directly dip into ice water to retain that vibrant green colour.
4) Bring the saucepan back on the heat and melt the butter in it.
5) Spoon in the flour and combine the butter and flour and cook it just enough that the flour starts to take on colour (blonde).
6) Add in the milk while stirring continuously to get a smooth semi thick veloute.
7) Blend the broccoli and spinach together into a puree, add water to the blender if required but make sure there are no lumps.
8) Add the puree to the prepared veloute and keep stirring till you get a vibrant green and evenly coloured soup.
9) Season the soup with salt and pepper and add a good helping of freshly chopped parsley for a nice herby taste.
10) Finish the soup with a helping of cream.
11) Garnish the soup with a drizzle of cream and a spring of dill leaves.
A warm and hearty soup made with the goodness and silkiness of lentils with a spicy coconut tempering; an absolute hit this winters!Read more