Kit Kat, Chia Seeds and Salted Caramel Cake
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 30 Minutes
Eggs - 3
Caster sugar - 1/4 cups
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Chia seeds - 1 tbsp
Refined flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Milk - 90 ml
Kit kat chocolate - 1 bar
Salted caramel sauce - For garnish
Chia seeds - 2 tbsp
1) Cream together the sugar and eggs till combined in a deep bowl.
2) Add the turmeric and half of the chia seeds to the batter and whisk it till it turns bright yellow.
3) Sift in the refined flour while folding it to make the batter.
4) Add in the baking powder and the milk to perfect the consistency of the batter.
5) Pour half the batter in a Meyer loaf tin, break the bar of Kit Kat chocolate and place the fingers in the middle of the batter.
6) Cover the chocolate fingers with the remaining batter so that they are properly enclosed.
7) Bake at 180 degrees for 25 mins.
8) Slather with salted caramel sauce as a garnish along with the chia seeds and serve warm with a cup of coffee.
A Chinese version of the ever famous parantha. Make this recipe if you want to give the age-old breakfast food a quirky twist.Read more