How to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie?
1) Start by preheating your oven to 180 degree celsius. In a large mixing bowl, add both the sugars, white and brown. Over that add melted butter, and start to whisk them together, till a dark brown cohesive mixture forms.
2) Over the butter and sugar mixture, add one whole egg and start to whisk it with a wire whisk. Keep on whisking till the batter is a little aerated and turns into a pale white color.
3) To the batter add your sifted refined flour and start to fold it using a silicone spatula. Work the mixture till a cookie dough forms. To the dough add the vanilla essence and baking powder, and mix.
4) Chop up your dark chocolate bar into big chunks and add them to your cookie dough. We've used chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips in this recipe, because they turn into pockets of melted chocolate after baking, unlike chocochips that dissolve in the dough.
5) Scoop out some cookie dough in your hands, or use an ice cream scooper, to form a round ball of dough.
6) On a Meyer Non Stick Baking Tray, ( Visit to Meyer Bakeware Collections) keep your cookie dough balls, spaced out from each other. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 12-15 mins or till they have spread evenly and the edges turn brown and crispy but the middle stays golden.
7) After taking the tray out of the oven, let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes before picking them up..
1) Add the egg only after the butter mixture has cooled down a bit to avoid the egg from curdling
2) Do not chop the chocolate too thin, otherwise it may dissolve in the dough.
3) Make sure to space out the cookies enough because they spread a lot.
4) Do not pick up the cookies while they are hot, or they might fall apart.