Chicken Kofta Curry
Preparation time 10 Minutes
Cooking time 25 Minutes
Chicken mince - 350 gms
Chopped ginger - 1 knot
Chopped chilli - 2
Chopped coriander root - 1 bunch
Chopped onion - 3
Egg - 1
Cornflour -1 tbsp
Red chilli powder -1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1
Green cardamom 2-3
Chopped garlic - 4 cloves
Tomato puree - 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Curd - 1 cup
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Chicken masala - 1 tbsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1 pinch
Fresh coriander for garnish
Perfectly hearty and guilt-free gravy adorned with steamed chicken kofta that has a subtle hint of spices and is cooked without a single drop of oil.
1) To the chicken mince, add the chopped ginger, chopped chilli, chopped coriander roots, 1 finely chopped onion and an egg.
2) Add in the cornflour along with the salt and red chilli powder to the mince to make the kofta mixture.
3) Properly mix the mince, make small sized balls with the mince and place them on the steaming basket of the MEYER quicker cooking casserole.
4) Heat about a cup of water in the casserole and when it starts to boil, place the steaming basket in the casserole.
5) Place and secure the lid and pressure steam the kofta for 10 mins.
6) Remove the steaming basket, and save the water/stock left behind in the pot.
7) Heat the ghee in the casserole and add the cinnamon and cardamom to the ghee.
8) Once the whole spices are fried and aromatic, add in the paste of 2 onions and cook it down.
9) Add in the chopped garlic, ginger and chilli and saute it till golden brown.
10) Add in the tomato puree, turmeric and red chilli powder and reduce till a thick paste is left behind.
11) Add in the stock that was saved from earlier and make a thin gravy.
12) Whisk the curd till it's lump free and add it to the gravy.
13) Make sure that the flame is on low or turned off while adding the curd or else the curd might split.
14) Turn on the flame once the curd is mixed in, and add in the chicken masala, coriander powder and cumin powder.
15) Reduce the gravy by 50% till it has a coating consistency.
16) Finish off the gravy with crushed kasoori methi powder.
17) Place the steamed koftas in the gravy and coat them properly.
18) Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with bread or rice..
A vibrant green, hearty and warm winter soup that is perfect for a cold evening. Perfect as a meal replacement for people on a low carb diet.Read more